There is this woman in our neighborhood who makes delicious coconut ladoos. I wish we were still on good terms with them, only for those ladoos 😉 Don’t worry, in case you ain’t on good terms with your neighbors and relatives I’ve got you this blog. Here is the coconut ladoo recipe for you all. It’s one of the easiest sweets I’ve ever cooked. You can make this in three different ways. I have shared the easiest way for you. Previously these ladoo were made using coconut and jaggery as the sweetener. You can still use jaggery but I have used sugar. It completely depends on your taste.
Let’s now get started with the ingredients:
2 cups of coconut (freshly desiccated)
2 cups of condensed milk
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of chopped cashew
¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder
2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut.
Let us now proceed to the recipe:
● Place a frying pan on medium heat. Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in it. You can also use coconut oil but ghee is healthy.
● Add 1.5 cups of freshly grated coconut. Don’t forget to saute fresh coconut for the recipe.
● Stir and roast the coconut on a low flame for around 5 minutes. Do not brown them, since the roasting is only done to just get rid of some moisture.
● Now add ¾ cup of the sweet condensed milk.
● Add ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder.
● Stir the mixture very well and let it cook on a low flame.
● You will see that the mixture has begun to thicken, keep stirring it evenly.
● The mixture starts to depart from the sides of the pan. You will soon see some coconut fat at the sides. You should know that it is time to switch off the flame.
● In a different bowl or pan pour the coconut ladoo mixture and allow it to cool.
● When the mixture has cooled down completely, pinch the mixture into small to medium balls and make the ladoos. While shaping, apply some ghee to your palms so it does not stick to your palms. In case the mixture is loose and you can not make ladoo, then heat the mixture for a few more minutes.
● Roll the ladoo in desiccated coconut evenly. You can also stuff an almond or cashew on the top.
● Place the ladoos in a tray and decorate with the desiccated coconut on the top.
● Serve coconut ladoo straight away or refrigerate it for a while and serve them later. These homemade ladoos stay good for around 5 days in the fridge.
This recipe is easy to do and healthy too. Another benefit of these ladoos is that they help in weight loss. It is a simple solution for your taste buds or sweet cravings. We usually use them on some occasions. Well, not necessarily only occasions you can simply give them to your friends as a gift. Trust me, they will love you a little extra that day :). I hope you enjoyed reading this and don’t forget to try making them!
Last Updated on August 25, 2021