Not passing judgments, but someone who does not like black forest must be a psycho! The Black Forest flavor combines rich chocolate cake layers with fresh cherries. The sponge cakes and the cream with cherries, mouth-watering right? Let us now see the recipe for it.
For the Chocolate cake-
● 3 cups of all-purpose flour
● 3/4 cup natural cocoa powder
● 2 cups of granulated sugar
● Two teaspoons of baking soda
● One teaspoon of baking powder
● One teaspoon of salt
● Two teaspoons of espresso powder
● 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
● Two large eggs, at room temperature
● 3/4 cup cream, at room temperature
● 1/2 cup buttermilk at room temperature
● Two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
● 1/2 cup hot water
● Two cans of dark and sweet cherries in heavy syrup
● Two teaspoons of cherry liquor.
For Chocolate Ganache-
● 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
● 2 to 4-ounce semi-sweet finely chopped chocolate bars
● 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
● One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation of the chocolate cake:
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Firstly, grease two circular baking pans and dust them with cocoa powder. Line the base of the pans with parchment paper. Start by taking the flour in a bowl.
Add cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder. Stir to combine.
Secondly, in a bowl, whisk all wet ingredients. Pour hot water in slowly so as not to cook the eggs. Add this wet mixture to the dry one. Now, blend at a medium pace for 2-3 minutes.
The batter formed will be very thin. Spew the batter steadily into the pans prepared. Bake it for the next 45 minutes. Let it now cool for 10 minutes in the pans. Then flip the cakes onto a wire tray to cool thoroughly. Thus, you have prepared the choco cakes.
Let us now prepare the cherry syrup.
Place sugar and water into a small bowl. Boil it for a minute and stir well. Stir it in cherry liqueur and allow it to cool completely.
For the whipping cream, whip cream, and powdered sugar until the peaks are stiff. Do it preferably in a cold bowl with a cold whisk.
Nextly, melt the chocolate in a 20-second burst in the microwave. Use a large spatula to spread the melted chocolate in a thin layer on a large sheet of parchment paper.
Roll up from the small side of the parchment. Place on a baking sheet and let it cool until it is firm. Unroll to create chocolate bark.
Now, cut each cake layer in half horizontally. Place the layers of cake on a serving dish. Brush the surface of the cake generously with cherry syrup.
Top the cake with approximately 1 cup of whipped cream and spread evenly. Put the cherries and gently press them into the whipped cream.
Repeat with the remaining layers. Use the icing for the outside of the cake too. You can decorate with chocolate bark, choco chips, and cherries if desired.
The delicious pastry is ready!
Last Updated on August 25, 2021