Mom: Do you want fruit?
Mom: starts cutting fruit
Tell me a better conversation at your home whether you are a 16-year-old or a 26-year-old. Apart from your mom forcing you to eat fruit, there are innumerable health benefits. Fruits are rich in many vitamins. Different fruits have different health benefits. So, what’s the best option when you want a pastry? Of course, it’s the fruit pastry. Your mom would not deny you for this. In fact, she would help you in the kitchen while you bake it(I won’t assure you with the unlimited insults). So let’s get started with the fruit cake. Firstly, let’s see the ingredients needed.
● 160 grams of sugar
● 50 grams of plain yogurt or sour cream
● Three large eggs
● 200 grams of all-purpose flour
● 10 grams of milk powder
● A tablespoon of baking powder
● A tablespoon vanilla extract
● Lemon zest from a whole lemon
● 1/2 kg of fresh fruits sliced, you can even add sugar to it.
For Orange Sauce:
● 1 cup of orange juice
● Three tablespoons of sugar
● A teaspoon of gelatin
● Two tablespoons of cornflour
● Few drops of orange essence.
For Sugar Syrup:
● Water – 3/4 cup
● Sugar – 1/4 cup
For Whipped Cream:
● 2 cups of fresh cream
● Three tablespoons of icing sugar
● One tablespoon of vanilla essence
● A pinch of orange food coloring.
You can add other fruits too.
Now, let’s carry out the further procedure-
● Preheat the oven to 350 F.
● Mix the ingredients: flour, baking powder, and milk powder. Keep it aside.
● Beat butter, sugar, and yogurt or the sour cream until it’s light and fluffy.
● Put the eggs in, one by one, and beat well after every time you add an egg.
● Mix in the lemon zest and vanilla extract in the mixture. Now check the batter.
● Prepare a pan with parchment paper on the bottom. Transfer the cake batter into the pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake the cake for an hour.
● In a bowl and add cream, icing sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip it until there is a stiff peak. Cool it till needed.
● In another bowl, take orange juice, sugar, gelatin, orange food color and mix well. In a small bowl, take corn flour, add some water to it and mix well till it gets dissolved. Pour this in orange juice. Heat this until melted. Set aside to cool down.
● Now cut fruits for decoration. Add sugar and mix well.
● Now take the baked cake and cut the cake into round sizes. Soak it each with syrup. Top the cake with cream and fruits. Put another layer of cake, soak with syrup, spread cream, and fruits.
● Pour orange sauce over it. Decorate it with fruits and chill for 5 to 6 hours, and slice.
● Arrange fruits on top as desired. Do not press the fruits down.
● Dust the cake with icing sugar if you like.
The pastry is now ready. Try this recipe and get compliments from mom ;).
Last Updated on August 24, 2021