Have you ever tried Pasta Primavera? No? Then, you shouldn’t miss this amazing dish. This dish isn’t only for summer and spring rather this veggie-packed pasta dish can be enjoyed year-round. It comes up with some satisfying flavors that will blow your mind. You can easily add different types of veggies that you might have in your fridge.
The best part? This dish comes up with whole-wheat pasta and a few nutritional veggies like red peppers that are rich in vitamin C and mushrooms that are filled with potassium and B vitamins.
Things that you would simply love about this amazing nutritious dish:
• It is an amazing way to add loads of vegetables to your meal.
• It is a great means to get children to eat veggies.
• It is one of the smartest ways to use all veggies stored in the refrigerator.
• This dish has satisfying flavors and is quite filling.
• It makes a wonderful main dish for your dinner and even works great as a side dish for your parties.
Ingredients and their proportions:
• 10 oz. whole-wheat pasta or penne pasta
• Olive oil ¼ cup
• Sliced medium red onion ½
• Peeled and sliced carrot 1 large (will be looking like matchsticks)
• Broccoli florets 2 cups (cut into matchstick)
• Sliced red bell pepper (cut into matchstick)
• Sliced zucchini 1 medium-sized
• Sliced yellow squash 1 medium
• Fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons
• Pasta water ½ cup
• Dried Italian seasoning 2 teaspoons
• Halved grape tomatoes 1 cup (through the length)
• Minced garlic 3-4 cloves
• Chopped parsley 2 tablespoons
• Shredded parmesan ½ cup
Instructions to follow:
Take a large pot first. Add water to it and let it boil. Cook your pasta in salted water as per package directions. Before draining, don’t forget to reserve half a cup of pasta water.
Over a medium-high flame, heat olive oil in a deep skillet.
Add carrot and red onion to the oil and sauté them for 2 minutes only.
Time to add bell pepper and broccoli. Again, sauté everything for about 2 minutes.
Now add zucchini and squash and sauté for around 2-3minutes or until your vegetables have almost softened.
You’ll have to add tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning at this stage. Sauté everything for 2 minutes.
Pour vegetable into a serving bowl or empty pasta pot, add pasta, drizzle in some lemon juice, and season with salt as required, and toss everything while you add in the pasta water for loosening as desired.
Time to toss in parsley and parmesan (1/4 cup) and then serve with rest parmesan on top.
Important tips to make the best pasta primavera:
• Don’t over-cook your pasta. It is an important point to keep in mind while making any pasta dish.
• Don’t forget to add salt to your pasta cooking water. It is the only way to boost flavor to your pasta while cooking.
• Cook veggies to a tender-crisp texture, not mushy and soft.
• Do add both onion and bell pepper since they add great flavors to the dish.
• Add parmesan cheese as much as you want.
Last Updated on August 31, 2021