At times, it seems difficult to be on a diet because you don’t know what to eat and whatnot. Well, let you know that when it comes to a healthy lifestyle it can only be attained by maintaining a balanced diet and keeping it into consideration thereafter meeting the essential nutrients needed by your body.
You might be wondering what is a balanced diet, right? It’s a diet, which provides you with the nutrients to help your body functioning properly. So, if you’re on a diet and want to have some diet-appropriate yet delicious food items, then you can try out the Chipotle burrito bowl. It is something that is loved by everyone.
Why is this chipotle burrito bowl so popular?
The chicken chipotle burrito bowl features all the core ingredients and flavors; however, it is more customizable, much easier to make, and healthier too. Some other reasons why people love this item are:
• It is quite filling; however, not comatose filling
• It is delicious
• You will feel healthy and great after having it
• The toppings are customizable
Although Chipotle uses rice since it’s the base of a burrito bowl. But I prefer quinoa because it offers far more protein and fiber. So, without delay, let’s check out the recipe.
Ingredients and their proportions:
For making the burrito bowls:
• Quinoa 1 cup (any brand you prefer)
• Grilled bite-sized skinless and boneless chicken breasts 2
• Rinsed and drained black beans 1 can
• Frozen or fresh corns 1 ½ cups (thawed in case frozen)
• Diced tomatoes 2
• Diced red onion 1 small
• Seeded and diced jalapeno 1
• Fresh chopped cilantro ½ cup and additional for the serving purpose
For making the dressing:
• Olive oil ¼ cup
• Freshly squeezed lime juice ¼ cup and extra for serving
• Ground chili powder 1 teaspoon
• Black pepper ¼ spoon
• Cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon (you can omit or use less if you don’t like the spicy flavor)
• Ground cumin 1 teaspoon
• Salt ½ teaspoon
For Serving (optional):
• Greek yogurt or sour cream
• Shredded cheese
• Diced guacamole or avocado
Instructions to follow:
• First things first. Start by boiling 2 cups of water and then to it, add the quinoa. Cover and also reduce the flame to medium. Allow it to simmer for about 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the flame, fluff using a fork, and then re-cover, and allow it to sit for another 15 minutes. Now transfer to a serving bowl. (the large one)
• While your quinoa cooks, start preparing the burrito bowl ingredients.
• For making the dressing, take a small bowl. Whisk the lime juice, olive oil, black pepper, cayenne, salt, cumin, and chili powder together. Drizzle over your warm quinoa and then add cilantro. Don’t forget to toss as it helps in combining everything well.
• Stir in your prepared chicken, cilantro, red onion, tomatoes, and corn. Serve it warm with your desired toppings.
• If you want to use rice in your burrito bowl, then use brown rice.
• If you want to have a vegetarian version of a chipotle burrito bowl, then you can omit the chicken or you can add in cooked and crumbled tofu pieces instead.
Last Updated on August 30, 2021