Are you looking for a refreshing and cool drink ideal on a hot summer’s day? Yes? Well, today I have come up with such a cool drink that will make your summer’s day even better. Yes, I’m going to share a watermelon lemonade recipe that you, as well as your kids, will just love.
Well, homemade watermelon lemonade is easier to prepare and much better than the store-bought lemonades. Not to mention, this recipe is so delicious and easy, you would certainly wish to make it for your upcoming BBQ party or to relax, as well as share with your pals on your patio. With the perfect amount of sweetness, refreshing watermelon flavor, and a touch of lemon, this is certain to become one of your favorite summer beverages.
The watermelon lemonade is as pure and simple as it sounds. Water, sugar, watermelon, lemons, and mint. Yes, that’s it. And I love the way watermelon and fresh mint get along. Your mouth will get refreshed and cool with every sip. It is just like a summer served in a glass.
All you need to do is to blend a few pieces of chopped watermelon and lemon juice in your blender till smooth and nice. Add it to your large pitcher with some cold water and sugar and just stir. And you are ready to enjoy it. Told you it is easy to make. Although you can strain the watermelon after blending it. However, I generally choose not to. This is because straining will make this lemonade recipe a little complicated. This is about easy like I said.
Do you want to know about the best part of this watermelon lemonade? Well, it can easily be turned into an adult cocktail just by adding a little bit of vodka.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients and their proportions:
• Medium-sized watermelon ½ (enough to make at least 4 cups of watermelon juice)
• Large-sized lemons 4-5 (enough for making 1 cup of lemon juice)
• Granulated sugar 1-1 ½ cups
• Sparkling water or plain water 4-6 cups
• Fresh mints
Instructions to follow:
• First things first. You will need to scoop watermelon into a food processor or a blender.
• Process until it becomes liquid.
• Strain watermelon using a mesh strainer. Reserve 4 cups of watermelon juice and discard the watermelon flesh. (This step is completely optional)
• Pour your watermelon juice into a large pitcher. And set aside.
• Extract the lemon juice.
• Strain the juice and then add it to your pitcher.
• Now time to add in some water.
• After that, stir in some sugar for sweetening.
• Immediately serve over ice and garnish the lemonade with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.
Taken as a whole, watermelon lemonade is delicious, refreshing, easy, and nutritious at the same time. This looks amazing too. It is ideal for kid parties or makes and makes a light, refreshing summer cool drink for both adults and kids. So, do try out this watermelon lemonade recipe.
Last Updated on August 28, 2021