A piquant Spanish country-style omelette cuisine that you can never refuse to eat if served hot on a plate in front of you. Originally belonging to rural Spain, it is supposed to be a must-have traditional breakfast if you ever visit a Spanish restaurant. Another name for this egg cuisine is Tortilla de patata, as it contains potatoes as one of its main ingredients. Though the dish solely consists of eggs, potatoes, zucchini and some other veggies, nowadays chicken, ham, or beef are also being preferred by many chefs and restaurants for non-vegetarians across the globe. Bar Nestor in San Sebastian, Cal Pep in Barcelona, La Ardosa in Madrid, Bar Santos in Córdoba is some of the famous restaurants in Spain where you get the most authentic Tortilla Paisanos.
Now, let’s know the recipe of Tortilla de patata so that you can try it at home too, for any special occasion or simply serve as evening snack.
• 3 medium sized Potatoes
• 2 Onions
• 5 fresh organic eggs
• 1 red bell paper
• 1 green bell paper
• ¼ cup of frozen peas
• ½ zucchini
• 1 asparagus
• 6 tbsp of olive oil (extra virgin)
• 2 teaspoons of sea salt
• 2 cloves
• Black pepper
• Fresh cream, oregano, chili flakes, cheese, garlic butter, chorizo (Optional/ for Garnishing)
• Meat (Optional)
• It all starts with simply peeling off potatoes, onions, and some other vegetables like peas, asparagus, bell peppers, (according to your preference) and then chopping them off into long strips.
• After that, cut the zucchini into fine rings. Now, pour a little oil into the frying pan and heat it over medium flame for about 1-2 minutes.
• Then, add the vegetable slices to the pan, one by one, and cook them for some time over a high flame until they turn a little golden brown. Add 2 cloves to the pan.
• Once the vegetables turn a little golden, add the ring-shaped zucchini pieces to the pan and sprinkle some black pepper and over them. Again cook all the ingredients for about 10 minutes straight.
• Meanwhile, take 4-5 eggs, beat them, add a pinch of salt to them and blend the yolks well in a large bowl.
• Now spoon off the veggies from the oil, strain them, and put them aside on a dry tissue to drain off the excess oil. Add one teaspoon of salt over it and leave the cooked veggies to cool.
• After half an hour, take up the salted and cooked vegetables and add them to the blended egg yolks and mix and stir them again.
• Now, remove the excess oil and leave just a little on the frying pan and let it be heated for a few minutes. Once it gets heated well, pour the mixture over it and spread it all over in a round shape. Slowly you can see the mixture solidifying a bit and obtaining a little fluff. Wait for one side to become a little brownish, then immediately flip it to the other side and likewise, wait for the same.
• Once both the sides get cooked well and turn golden brown, take it up from the pan and serve it on a plate. You may also add your desired seasonings if needed. Also, fresh cream, oregano, chili flakes, cheese, garlic butter, or chorizo are some good options for garnishing the dish.
Thus, your delectable, hot and fresh Tortilla Paisana is waiting for you to taste it and enjoy a pleasant time with your close ones while having such a delish feast.
Last Updated on November 25, 2021