Egg Butter Masala is a rich and flavourful recipe that simmers boiled and fried eggs in buttery tomato-based gravy.
Egg Butter Masala i.e. Egg Makhani is much similar to Paneer Butter Masala. The butter masala is a deliciously creamy, mildly spiced curry. You can add paneer or boiled eggs to the same gravy. Because it is mildly spiced, it can be served to children alongside plain rice or Rotis.
The addition of cashew nuts gives this gravy its creaminess. You can even substitute fresh cream for the cashew nut paste. This dish goes well with jeera rice or butter garlic naan for dinner parties. Because eggs are high in protein and vitamins, this creamy delicious curry is suitable for serving not only children but also the rest of the family. Weight watchers can avoid eating the egg yolk.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooks in: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
Let’s look at its ingredients-
• 4 eggs (whole)
• 3 finely chopped tomatoes
• 2 finely chopped onions
• 6 garlic cloves
• Ginger, 1/4 inch
• 6 tablespoons of butter (Salted)
• ONE BAY LEAF (tej patta)
• 1 tsp. red chilli powder
• 1 tbsp garam masala powder
• 1 tsp. Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
• Cashew nuts, 20
• 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
• Season with salt to taste
Now, you just have to follow these simple steps to make this delicious recipe:
• Firstly, start making the Egg Butter Masala; soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain the water after 30 minutes and save the cashew nuts.
• Now, boil the eggs, then peel and discard the shells after they have cooled. Separate them.
• Then, in a kadhai add 2 tbsp. butter. When the butter has melted, add the onion and cook until it is pinkish. Cook until the tomato becomes mushy, about 5 minutes.
• Sauté the garlic and ginger until the raw garlic smell is gone. Mix in the boiled cashews.
• Turn the gas off. After it has cooled, grind the sautéed onion-tomato mixture with 1 cup of water.
• Strain the gravy through a strainer. Take a spoon and continue pressing the contents against the strainer while passing through a strainer. Allow the entire gravy to pass through. Only tomato seeds will remain as a residue on the strainer, which you can discard.
• Return the Kadai to the heat and add 1 tablespoon butter. Fry for 1 minute with bay leaf and ginger garlic paste.
• Mix in the gravy until everything is well combined. Cook for 10 minutes after adding 2 tablespoons butter to the gravy.
• Mix in the chilli powder, garam masala, and Kasuri methi. Finally, add the boiled eggs and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Season it with salt to taste.
• If desired, garnish with chopped coriander leaves or fresh cream.
• With Whole Wheat Lachha Paratha and Jeera Rice, serve Egg Butter Masala.
Do try out this amazing recipe; enjoying it with your family and friends and impressing everyone with your culinary skills. Happy eating!
Last Updated on August 14, 2021