Make a chocolate pastry for your best friend on his birthday rather than gifting that idiot some cute t-shirt. He will forever be thankful to have a friend like you. If he keeps asking you to bake it again and again, then pardon me! A chocolate pastry is a favorite of everyone and if it’s fudgy and porous, then expect everyone’s hand on your plate. You must be wondering why baking it at home is better than just ordering one. Most of the time, when you order food, be it even a pastry, it doesn’t satisfy what you crave! So here am I to present you with the best fudgy chocolate pastry recipe, the one you keep craving for. Let us now begin with the ingredients. Firstly, you need to bake a spongy choco cake.
● 2 cups of all-purpose flour
● One and a 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
● 1/2 cup of cocoa powder(not sweetened)
● Two teaspoons of baking powder
● 1/2 teaspoon of salt
● 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
● A large egg
● One tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
● 2 cups of milk
● 3/4 cup boiling water
● Two teaspoons of coffee powder.
● A cup of heavy cream
● A small bowl of dark chocolate chips.
● Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the round cake pan with nonstick cooking oil by spraying it. The bottom of the pan should be lined with baking paper.
● In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix it thoroughly.
● Add oil, egg, vanilla extract, and milk to the mixture. Beat well to combine. Now, pour in the boiling water and add the coffee powder. Mix it well until it is glossy.
● Pour the cake batter into the pan. Bake for about 45 minutes and check if it has a fudgy texture.
● Take the cake out of the oven. Let it cool for 20 minutes. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let it cool completely before frosting.
● Pour the cream into a small saucepan. Heat it over low flame for a few minutes.
● Add in the chocolate chips. Cover the saucepan with a lid to melt the chocolate.
● Uncover, and stir slowly in the start with a spoon. Gradually mix faster until the ganache is smooth, creamy, and glossy. Refrigerate for an hour. In short, it will be like Nutella.
● Spread it evenly over the cake.
● Set a cake layer on a cake plate and brush lightly with the sugar syrup. Spread about 3/4 cup of the frosting onto the cake evenly. Repeat this with the remaining cake layers. Use sugar syrup and frosting. Use the remaining frosting to apply around the sides of the cake. Keep the cake at room temperature for at least an hour before cutting.
The fudgy chocolate pastry is ready. You can add choco chips on the top. The spongy cake and smooth frosting go together like ketchup and fries! I bet this is certainly the pastry you are craving for.
Last Updated on August 23, 2021