Jaggery is an Indian traditional non-centrifugal cane sugar consumed in the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia. Being a north Indian it’s one of the delicious hot drinks I almost have in my daily life. Jaggery is useful in many ways and healthy as well. People use jaggery in many ways. North Indians love jaggery so much. Having a small piece of jaggery and drinking a glass of water and consuming jaggery before going to bed at night is common over here. We will talk about its various uses. First, let’s get to the recipe.
• Half litre milk
• One cup of water (water if you want to add)
• Ginger paste
• Grounded – Clove one seed
• +Black paper three grains+ Two pieces of Cardamom
• Basil’s leaves
• Jaggery 7-8 cubes (ice cube size )
• Tea leaves
• Pour the milk into a vessel and let it boil.
• After getting it boiled, lower the flame and add tea leaves to it, then ginger paste and also the grounded black paper + Clove+ cardamom.
• And Basil’s leaves. And let it boil.
• Cook it for ten minutes thoroughly.
• Until then put all the jaggery in the mortar and grind it well, making it a thick powder.
• After cooking the milk for ten minutes remove it from the flame and keep it aside and let it get medium cooled down.
• Remember do not ever try to add the jaggery to hot milk or hot milk tea lest it will curdle.
• After getting it a bit cooled down gradually start adding to it Jaggery powder and mix it well and serve it.
It’s the best tea to have.
Now I would like to tell you one more recipe similar to it.
• You can make this tea without milk. All the ingredients will be as it is except the milk.
• Remember if you’re making this tea without milk then no need to remove the vessel from the flame rather you can add jaggery to it at that time itself and cook it well for five minutes.
• Tea leaves must be half of that of the portion you will add while making with milk. And then serve it.
• Don’t add lemon to it lest it will curdle.
Now we will get to know the usefulness of this amazing jaggery.
• It assists in combating constipation which is a major health issue.
• It fights flu.
• It relaxes our bodies.
• It also helps in relieving the menstrual cramps.
• It is the best remedy to lose weight.
• It will control your blood pressure.
• Prevents anaemia and purifies the body.
So yeah, this amazing tea is very much useful in our daily life. You can use jaggery instead of sugar that we use daily in making tea, decoction (kaadha) or, kheer or, halwa or, sweets.
Try out this amazing hot drink and I’m sure you all are going to love it.
Last Updated on January 6, 2022