French hot chocolate is a luxuriously creamy, flavorful, smooth, and thick drink. It is almost like drinking molten chocolate. No other chocolate drink beats this drink. When you take a sip slowly, then you can feel the actual richness of creamy chocolate that will leave you speechless. So, all you need to do is to close your eyes, swallow, and enjoy every single moment of this experience.
Do you know about the best part of this French hot chocolate? No? Well, this doesn’t have as much sugar as any other typical hot chocolate. You have, in fact, have complete control over the sugar based on what type of chocolate you are using and how much sugar you add.
Get familiar with French hot chocolate:
French hot chocolate is certainly not for the chocolate shy, the casual chocolate dilettante, or anybody with an aversion to cream (the heavy one). It is prepared with dark, rich chocolate. This hot chocolate recipe is mainly for ardent chocolate lovers. Taken as a whole, it is creamy and rich and would definitely transport anyone’s taste buds directly to a French bistro. So, if you really want to enjoy an utterly magnificent, deep, and dark hot drink, then French hot chocolate is your call.
The way you can thicken French hot chocolate:
Well, that is quite easy to do. You need more chocolate. For this recipe, you will need to use a huge amount of chopped chocolate; however, trust me, you won’t be sorry. So, just go with it.
Ingredients and their proportions:
• Whole milk 1 ½ cups
• Heavy cream ½ cup
• Powdered sugar 2 teaspoons
• Espresso powder ½ teaspoon (optional); however, delicious if you want to intensify the chocolate flavor
• Bittersweet chocolate 8 ounces (70% chopped at least)
• Whipped cream (giant bowl of it) for the serving purpose
Instructions to follow:
• Take a medium saucepan. Now over medium flame, whisk the whole milk, powdered sugar, espresso powder, and heavy cream altogether until small bubbles start appearing around the edges. Keep in mind that you don’t have to boil the mixture.
• Remove the saucepan from the heat. After that, stir in chocolate until it gets melted. Now return the sauce to low flame in case required for the chocolate to melt properly.
• Your French hot chocolate is ready to be served. Serve it warm and don’t forget to add loads of whipped cream on top of it.
Always try choosing the best chocolate because the flavor carries the drink. However, I will never recommend chocolate chips since they don’t melt and contain stabilizers as well.
You can cool down the leftover French hot chocolate to room temperature and then refrigerated it in an airtight container (jam jars or empty mason work really well). You can reheat it gently in a saucepan over a low flame or in the microwave.
So, if you love chocolate or any other family member loves chocolate, then this recipe is certainly something that you should try out this weekend.
Last Updated on August 27, 2021