Pohaa is a breakfast material though it can be dawn or dusk. Or it can be morning or eve. We can deep fry it or have it with hot milk adding sugar or as a snack.
Although it is made up of pounded paddy, Pohaa is a tasty feast mixed with veggies.
Ingredients we need to prepare it:
• 250 gram of pounded paddy ( for 4 people)
• Finely chopped onion
• Roasted Peanuts 100 gram
• Finely chopped Coriander leaves
• Finely chopped capsicum in one small bowl
• Finely chopped cabbage one small bowl
• Salt to your taste
• Turmeric powder 2-3 pinches
• Finely chopped 3-4 green chillies
• Cooking oil 2-3 tablespoons
• mustard seeds half tablespoon
• Curry leaves 4-5
Let’s get into the making session:
• Wash the Pohaa 2-3 times to make it soft. Don’t leave water into it. Squeeze it nicely to draw water from it thoroughly.
• Now heat the wok and add oil into it and allow it to get heated.
• After getting oil heated, add mustard seeds into it let it turn black a bit and then add curry leaves.
• Then add chopped green chillies and allow them to turn golden.
• Now add chopped veggies, onion, cabbage and capsicum and mix it well.
• Add salt and turmeric powder into it and cover it with a lid to let it get cooked for ten minutes.
• Now remove the lid and add the Pohaa and peanuts and mix it finely and cover it with the lid again for five minutes.
• Now remove its lid check if it’s cooked or not nicely and turn off the flame.
Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and it’s ready to serve guys.
• It will protect your heart and add fitness since it is easy to digest.
• Pohaa will maintain your body stimulated as it has good amount of carbohydrates.
• It assists in conserving blood sugar levels.
• It might also assist you to combat anaemia, as it is filled with iron.
• White rice is coated to such a level that it is stripped of its nutrients and fibre quantities.
• In comparison, Pohaa is limitedly filtered and light in terms of cuisine and digestion.
• Pohaa is the nicest breakfast diet because it stores nearly 70% of decent carbohydrates and 30% fat.
• Custody Blood Sugar degrees. Pohaa is deemed a decent feast for diabetics.
• A reasonable Probiotic. This may come as an alarm to many, but the poha is a reasonable probiotic diet too.
• A reasonable Source Of Healthy Carbohydrates.
• Abundant In Iron.
• Full of calories.
I love this beautiful dish a lot and I used to have it at least three days a week with ginger milk tea. I love it. So I thought to let you all know about this recipe. Guys do try out this one and yeah as always stay safe and sound.
Last Updated on June 24, 2022