Hey everyone! My name is Riddhi Kothari and I am a food blogger who loves to create new recipes that are quick, tasty as well as healthy too.
Nowadays, most of you have started to consume a Plant-Based Diet, every one of you want to include a healthy meal in your daily life. The vegan diet helps to lower your risk of disease. If you compare a plant-based diet with an unhealthy diet that includes meat, the plant-based diet is certainly better.
So, with keeping the plant-based diet in mind, I have come up with a recipe that is 100% Vegan and can be made easily by just following a few simple steps.
Everyone loves pizza but it has a crust made up of refined flour which is certainly not healthy. My mom was one who came up with this fantastic idea of using the khaman as the base for pizza. So, it is a dish that is a fusion of Pizza and Khaman (Dhokla).
Yeah! You read it right. The base is made up of dhokla which is a Gujarati dish and the above toppings remain the same as we use for pizza. Let’s just dive into the recipe quickly!
For Pizza Base:
2 cups of rice
1 cup of split black gram (urad dal)
1-2 tsp of lemon juice
1 cup of water
Salt as per taste
1 packet of Eno
2 tbsp. of chopped cabbage
2 tbsp. of chopped capsicum
2 tbsp. of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp. of corn
Loads of plant-based cheese, oregano and chili flakes (to sprinkle)
For coriander chutney spread:
1 cup of coriander
3 green chilies
1 tsp of cumin powder
Salt as per taste
1 tsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp. split Chana (Dalia)
1 tsp of black salt
1 tsp of jaljira
1. First of all, take the rice and split black gram into a mixer jar and crush them properly and sieve the powder and take it in a vessel.
2. Then, take 2 cups of water in a vessel and add the crushed powder plus 1-2 tsp of lemon juice (to make it tangy) into it by mixing it properly. Keep this batter in a warm place for 6-7 hours to ferment.
3. Furthermore, add salt to the batter and the eno by taking some batter separately into other bowl and mix well.
4. Pour this batter into a flat steel plate and steam it for 10-12 minutes. After that cool, it and cut it with a round cutter to create the base for pizza and place it in a baking tray.
5. For making the coriander chutney, take all the ingredients mentioned above in the chutney section in a mixer jar and make a fine, smooth chutney.
6. Now, spread the coriander chutney evenly on the pizza base and add all the toppings mentioned above or whichever veggies are available at your home.
7. It’s time for vegan cheese to get spread all over the veggies and also sprinkle the oregano and chili flakes to add some spice.
8. Let them bake until the khaman base becomes crisp and till the cheese melts.
9. Finally, your khaman pizza is ready to enter your tummy! Enjoy eating it with ketchup or coriander chutney.
The end result: it was damn delicious and cheesy. So instead of making the same pizza again and again try this new fusion of khaman and pizza.
For more such recipes you can find me on Instagram @obsessed_with_food_and_art.
Explore me on Zomato as well- Riddhi Kothari.
Last Updated on September 8, 2021