Hey guys, my name is Riddhi Kothari and I am a food blogger who loves to create new recipes that are quick, tasty as well as healthy too. Replace Rice With The Broken Sorghum To Make The Kheer Healthier!
In this era, everyone is very conscious about how many calories are they consuming followed by the food that they eat and a lot of other things. Every single person of you must be loving to have sweets, but because of the calories, sugar content, gluten content, we tend to avoid eating such high-calorie sweets. And if the sweets are low on calorie they don’t taste the same as the normal ones.
So with that, I have come up with a sweet dish which is very simple, easy to make 3 INGREDIENT DISH which is GLUTEN-FREE.
Yes! you read it right, it is a very tasty and delicious dish which you can make in just a few minutes.
KHEER is the very famous sweet dish which we love to have but the rice content in it makes it less nutritious so instead of using rice I have replaced it with a power-packed ingredient which sorghum. Sorghum is a nutrient-packed grain that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber and is also gluten-free. This cereal grain can help reduce the risk of certain cancers as well as aid in diabetes control and prevention.
My mom was the one who came up with the idea of using this grain to make the kheer and we tried it for the first time and it turned out to be so delicious that I couldn’t resist sharing this recipe with you guys. When you are in hurry and have promised your family to make a sweet dish and you want to make it healthy too, then this is the perfect dish to make and surprise your family with this tasty dish. So now, we avoid making the rice kheer and prepare this lovely, healthy, gluten-free kheer.
Let’s start with the recipe ingredients:
1. 50 grams of Broken sorghum (jowar ka Dalia)
2. 50 grams of Sugar/ palm jaggery/ palm sugar
3. 200 ml of Milk
1. First of all, you need to soak the broken sorghum in a bowl for 4-5 hours. Then put that soaked ingredient into the pressure cooker and take 4-5 whistles to get it cooked quickly.
2. Heat the milk in a vessel and bring to boil and then add the broken sorghum i.e. jowar ka Dalia, sugar into it and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. For additional flavours, you can add cardamom powder to it for about 1 teaspoon.
4. Finally, serve it after it has been cooked properly and has thickened up. Also, you can garnish it with some nuts (optional) like I have put some almonds which are my favourite and they give the perfect crunch while we eat.
Also, if you want; you can cook the sorghum into the boiling milk but it will take about 45-60 minutes to get properly cooked.
Need I tell you how delicious it was?
For more such recipes you can find me on Instagram @obsessed_with_food_and_art.
Explore me on Zomato as well- Riddhi Kothari.
Last Updated on September 8, 2021